Insurance Restoration Process
You’ve had severe weather damage to your home from hail, a tree has fallen on your house, ice has knocked down your gutter system or destroyed your roof… WHAT TO DO? Here’s a real life scenario on what to expect when you contact Colonial Remodeling.
- A Colonial Remodeling Field Supervisor will conduct an inspection of your home to determine the extent of damage to your roof, siding, gutters, windows and the interior of your home.
- Damage? Call your insurance company to initiate a claim.
- Once you have an insurance claim number, Colonial Remodeling’s Field Supervisor will contact the Insurance Adjuster assigned to the claim. We will begin the restoration process now as your construction representative.
- Colonial Remodeling will meet with the Adjuster and point out the full extent of damage done. If the Adjuster agrees with our assessment -or, If they disagree or refuse to pay for everything our company feels you are entitled to receive, we will assist you in requesting that a different Adjuster re-inspect your home. If they are refuse to pay you what we honestly feel you are entitled to, you may have an Arbitrator completely re-inspect your home. You will be kept apprised at all times during this process.
- Once we receive approval from your insurance company:
A.) The Insurance Adjuster will tell your insurance company to write you a check for at least half the total cost of the project.
B.) While you are waiting for your payment, you and the Colonial Remodeling Field Supervisor will choose from construction materials, colors, etc.
- After we choose your building/construction supplies, our Field Supervisor will order the materials needed to replace the damaged areas.
- Our Production Manager will schedule the work to be done to your home and assign management crews.
- On the day of construction, our Project Manager will be at your home to meet the crews to get started.
- Once everything is completed, you and our Field Supervisor will go over the Inspection Checklist together in detail, to confirm that everything has been completed to your satisfaction.
- After completion of work to your home, we will invoice your insurance company the remainder of the money due for the project. When you receive final payment from your insurance company, our Field Supervisor will come to your home to collect the check and do a final inspection to make sure you are completely satisfied with the results.